Dublin South City Ability assists young adults aged 18-29 who experience emotional, psychological and mental health challenges to find suitable education, training and employment. It also encourages them to take part in community life.
The Dublin South City Ability programme works with young adults ages 18 -29 years old, offering support and guidance to develop positive pathways towards work and education. Ability supports participants who experience emotional, psychological or mental health challenges and /or co-occurring disabilities. Guidance Officers work with participants supporting them to engage with work and / or study, learn new skills, find volunteering and take steps towards finding sustainable employment.
- Identify your personal interests and skills and explore future options available.
- Building Confidence through 1;1 mentoring and small group training.
- Make a plan to work towards your goals and get support to overcome any challenges.
- Support and advocacy to access suitable education and training.
- Find volunteering and social opportunities in your community.
- Job sampling opportunities to experience a variety of work places and tasks.
- Employment supports including CV preparation, job applications and interviews skills.
- Ongoing support, referrals to relevant support agencies and the option to re-connect with the Ability team for additional supports.
Our Ability Programme staff will also work with local employers, employment services, education and training providers to support the progression of young people in their work and study.
The type of support offered is person centered career planning and pathway support on a one to one and / or group basis. For example, exploring personal interests, building confidence and communication skills, writing CV’s, interview preparation, finding volunteer or work shadowing opportunities and support to access local training and education. We also offer group training and workshops based in the needs of participants.
The new Dublin South City Ability programme is up and running across Dublin 2,4,6,6W,8,10,12,20.
We have workers based in Crumlin, Ballyfermot and the Inner city.
For more information on our ABILITY programme you can contact a member of our team on 01.4732196 or email email@example.com, our office hours are 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday.